Why Join Our Trust?
Each school will have its own starting position however we believe the following are some of the benefits of working within The Alban Academies Trust:
- Providing a co-ordinated 3 to 19 educational experience
- Ability to retain individual heritage and vision whilst benefitting from working in partnership
- Sharing and developing excellent practice in teaching and learning
- Opportunity to develop the learning environment through shared capital projects
- Improved qualities of leadership to support the strengthening school performance
- Access to wider curriculum opportunities for children, and improved capacity to provide extended services across the AAT
- Enhanced opportunities for CPD and ability to share resources and workload
- Help to safeguard long term financial future through economies of scale and recruitment and retention of staff
- Development of governance at local and system level by working alongside other governors
- Opportunity to shape the vision and direction of the AAT as it grows in the future
The AAT also has strong links with the Alban Federation (Awarding body for Initial Teacher Training), the Alban Teaching School Alliance (for staff development) and the Research School Hub. AAT schools will be able to access opportunities with each of these organisations.
As soon as a school converts to become an academy within the AAT it becomes an equal player in shaping the direction of the trust and is able to access the range of support and other opportunities on offer. The AAT offers a tailored approach to school support, effectiveness and improvement which is negotiated on joining and regularly thereafter. This includes brokering of Effectiveness Partners and other professionals to work with your school.
We use people who articulate high expectations of staff and students, with a proven track record of success and who are able to build capacity for further improvement.